Friday, November 20, 2009

The sacred mundane.


Today... I'm praying I might see the sacred amidst the chaos...

The glorious in the mundane...

Today I'm asking the Father to never allow me to take one minute for granted.


Because I want to see the flame in the bush...

I want to trust Him for the manna.

Oh to see His face in everyone I meet...
I want to stop and smell the roses... to spend hours on my knees not because of routine or obligation... but sheer desperation and love. To be someone who doesn't count the cost or the miles or the time. And I'm far from that... far. But my hope... my prayer... today is to be ushered into that place where more often than not I'm not so far from that.
Sometimes I get stuck thinking that the three loads of dishes aren't important... that the unending laundry isn't big enough... that the daily chaos of life is too much. But today, I remembered that doing the dishes can be holy. The laundry can be sacred. Holding these kids is worship. It's all in how much I give of me while I'm doing it. It's all in the gratitude or lack of it. It's all in my heart. My hope... my prayer... today is to be someone who sees these as big things... important things... things that remind me to always give thanks for the bounty we have and the lack we've never known. Oh that my heart would remain that pure.

Today I'm praying that I might see the sacred amidst the chaos...


No comments:

Post a Comment